Friday, September 27, 2013

Baker Spotlight: Inayah

Tell us about yourself

I started baking a few years ago. Believe it or not, I was the type to burn everything but all of a sudden, something in my head clicked and I've been baking these little delicacies since!

I believe that food is a medium for us to share ourselves with others. Being able to express myself in my baking has become an important aspect of my life, as well as, seeing the joy in others when they experience something made with my own two hands. My family calls me Ini at home as a pet name and so I created "Ini Mini Cakes" as a hobby to share my sweet talent. I hope that my cupcake conveys the care and love that goes into each of my desserts.

"This is my story, now is my moment... I'll laugh, I'll sing and I'll BAKE!"

What is your favorite type of cupcake?

 I love any cupcake that is creative and with a filling!

If you had to describe yourself as a cupcake, how would you?

If you had to describe yourself as a cupcake, how would you? I think of my self as Small, Sweet and full of surprises so a Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake with a JalapeƱo Jelly Cream Cheese Filling!

What is your other favorite local cupcakery?

It's not a cupcakery but Alexandria Cake Pop Company has the best tasting cake pops in the world!

What cupcakes do you plan to bring to CupcakeCampDC?

 French Vanilla Coffee Creme Brulee Cupcakes
"Baker Spotlight" is an online featurette of bakers or bakeries that are participating in CupcakeCampDC.

No comments:

Post a Comment