Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Baker Spotlight: Tess

Tess has baked for Cupcake Camp DC every year since its inauguration in 2010. After winning “crowd favorite” in 2010, she has been itching for a comeback. Based on the sheer histrionic enthusiasm from her sugar-addled friends and coworkers, this year seems promising.


Tell us about yourself

I am a do-gooder international type who loves food like most people love their family. I combine my two greatest passions – public service and baking – by testing all of my cupcake creations on my ravenous coworkers. After six years in DC, the demand for a sweet escape from government bureaucracy is only growing. Not to shortchange my family, I’m also an expert on long distance cupcake transportation (see: wedging a carrier on the floor of my 1994 Toyota Corolla for a cool 300 miles).

What is your favorite type of cupcake?

Although as impossible to choose a favorite cupcake as a favorite child, it goes without saying that anything with sour cream or buttermilk in the batter is an integral part of any international peace process.

If you had to describe yourself as a cupcake, how would you?

My peach, blueberry and thyme cupcakes: Interesting, sweet and just the right amount of weird.

What is your other favorite local cupcakery?

I’m very loyal to delicious, high quality cupcakes delivered with warmth and kindness by people who laugh at all my bad jokes. For that, you can’t beat Alexandria Cupcake or Buzz.

What cupcakes do you plan to bring to CupcakeCampDC?

Apparently, my coworkers are conducting a vote on the flavor. I think I give them too much agency.

"Baker Spotlight" is an online featurette of bakers or bakeries that are participating in CupcakeCampDC.

No comments:

Post a Comment