Friday, September 17, 2010

Baker Spotlight: Katie of Gimmie Dem Cupcakes

Katie of Gimme Dem Cupcakes bakes up 100% vegan, 100% delicious cupcakes with 100% love. She also has believes she has the cutest dog ever.

Tell us about yourself

I live and work in one of Northern Virginia's best communities, Falls Church. I toil at a non-profit as a trainer and admin support by day and I wait tables most evenings. Working so much, it's hard to slow down, so when I come home, it's hard to turn off my worker-bee instincts. If I try to read or do anything that doesn't require using my hands, I usually fall asleep . When I'm not buzzing around the DC metro area, I frequently spend time in my kitchen concocting things to share with my friends and family. Cooking and baking are the best way for me to have alone time. Food satisfies people on so many levels, and it's a wonderful way to share my love. Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone's face change as the let something delicious take over their senses.

What is your favorite type of cupcake?

the kind that make new friends

If you had to describe yourself as a cupcake, how would you?

I'd be fruit filled and gushing with fresh flavors, probably a touch nutty

What is your favorite local cupcakery?

i love my friend's treats

What cupcakes do you plan to bring to CupcakeCampDC?

Vegan Dreamsicle, Vegan Chocomint, Vegan Tiramisu

"Baker Spotlight" is an online featurette of bakers or bakeries that are participating in CupcakeCampDC.

No comments:

Post a Comment