Friday, September 17, 2010

Baker Spotlight: Dayna

Dayna Marie is a 25 year old Advertising Student at the Art Institute of Washington. She loves sweets and loves making people smile. Being able to combine the two is a true blessing to her.

Tell us about yourself

My Mother is my best friend and I am a total "Daddy's Girl." I am the proud owner of an adorable parakeet named Kisses, and the most lively chihuahua you'll ever meet, Desi. I love shopping, reading, cosmetics, shoes, animals, my blackberry, making people happy, trying new things, and traveling. I have loved baking and cooking since I was a little girl, but my passion has become stronger since my college years. I realize that with just a few ingredients and a lot of love, you can truly make someone's day with a sweet little pastry.

What is your favorite type of cupcake?

Lemon with Strawberry Icing...YUM.

If you had to describe yourself as a cupcake, how would you?

I would be a rose-infused vanilla cupcake topped with rich lemony cream cheese frosting, and kissed with gold dragees.

What is your favorite local cupcakery?

This is so unfair! I love so many! HOWEVER, my favorite would have to be Cupcakes Actually in Fairfax, Virginia

What cupcakes do you plan to bring to CupcakeCampDC?

Mini White Cupcakes with strawberries, strawberry frosting, chocolate, and silver dragees

"Baker Spotlight" is an online featurette of bakers or bakeries that are participating in CupcakeCampDC.

No comments:

Post a Comment