Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baker Spotlight: Megan

Megan comes from a family of bakers. Her mom makes awesome gourmet cookies, her sister is handy with making pies, and her grandmother made some awesome cake in her day!

Tell us about yourself

I work in government consulting and my true love is cooking. I am a Top Chef wannabe, and I cook dinner pretty regularly for someone who lives in DC. I realize that baking can technically be considered cooking. Other than that, I run, read the latest cooking magazines, and mark up the pages of things I want from cooking catalogs.

What is your favorite type of cupcake?

I have never met a cupcake that I didn't like.

If you had to describe yourself as a cupcake, how would you?

Strawberry, because it was my grandmother's favorite, and I am of course her favorite grandchild, just kidding.  I just think it describes a lot of my past and who I am. 

What is your favorite local cupcakery?

Frosting in Friendship Heights...one word: Snowflake.

What cupcakes do you plan to bring to CupcakeCampDC?

Breakfast cupcakes (cinnamon swirl, maple syrup icing, and bacon) and Lemon poppyseed cupcakes with lavendar honey icing

"Baker Spotlight" is an online featurette of bakers or bakeries that are participating in CupcakeCampDC.

No comments:

Post a Comment